“Autumn…the year’s last, loveliest smile.” – William Cullent Bryant
I love autumn. I also love decorating my house for fall. We spend most of our time in our homes and so I approach my own home decoration with positivity in mind. Decorating your home is personal. I try to use things that make me happy for fall: such as pumpkins, candles, nature and especially birds. Changing your home for the season will bring a freshness and warmth and increase the positive energy which will influence you and your family.
Some tips for decorating your home for the autumn season:
- Deep Clean. Sometimes we feel like we are in a rut, and so can our home. Cleaning your home can increase your energy, flow, and balance. This a great time to declutter and also shop your home instead of purchasing new decor. Sometimes using an old vase or rearranging items from one room to another can change the look and energy of your home.
- Add some Color. Even if your current decor is neutral, adding some pops of color can change the energy of a room. Yellows usually add radiance, greens spur growth and flexibility, reds welcome prosperity, and oranges bring warmth and cheer.
- Put up some art work. Art is a great way to connect with your space. Motivational wall hangings can be a great addition. I changed some current wall hangings with more fall themed pieces. It was a cheap and easy way to update my living room.
- Pamper your pets. Where I live in Michigan, this is the perfect time to walk my dog with the changing colors and nice crisp air. Also a new pet blanket because your pet also likes to snuggle. Don’t forget all the fun Halloween toys and treats. Teach your a dog a trick for a treat!
- Add some soft materials. Try changing existing pillows with new pillow covers. Throws are very trendy. Lounging under a nice soft blanket can be relaxing and comforting during this time of year.
- Get creative. I love DIYS but if you are not creative, don’t worry. Doing even some easy DIYs such as adding garland to a mantel or adding some fresh fall floral in a vase can be relaxing and calming.
- Scents. I love to burn candles at this time year. Apples, pumpkins and crackling fire scents add a sense of warmth and coziness. If you are worried about candles because of pets and small children, try essential oils.
Check Out My Fall Home Decor Tour
How are you decorating your home for fall? Let me know in the comments.